8 teens taken to hospital after ingesting marijuana edibles while on school field trip

Eight high school students on a school trip at the La Brea Tar Pits were hospitalized Tuesday after apparently ingesting cannabis edibles, according to The Los Angeles Times.

>> Read more trending news

Firefighters responded to a call at the facility about three unconscious teenage boys and found the three along with five others, who were experiencing an “altered level of consciousness” after they apparently ingested “cannabis edibles,” LAFD said in a statement.

Amy Hood of the Natural History Museum of L.A. County, which oversees the La Brea Tar Pits, said in a statement to the Times that several high school students were on a chaperoned field trip to the Tar Pits when they became ill.

La Brea Tar Pits officials said in a statement on X, formerly Twitter, that the high school students were on a chaperoned field trip to the paleontological research site when they fell ill and that their staff “acted quickly to assess the situation and seek medical aid.”

“According to first responders, their symptoms were caused by something the students ingested on their own, unrelated to their visit to La Brea Tar Pits,” the statement continued. “We extend our care and concern to the students and their families and wish them a healthy recovery.”

On Air107.3 The Eagle - Tampa Bay's Classic Hits Station Logo

See a new furry friend up for adoption each week, brought to you by Fence Outlet!


Win tickets to concerts, unique experiences, great prizes and more!


Get weather news that matters, including forecast and radar from 10 News!


Check out the newest blog, written by all of your favorite Eagle personalities!


Be the first caller to answer Fisher's "College of Rock Knowledge" weekday mornings at 7:50 and WIN! 877-595-1073


mobile apps

Everything you love about 1073theeagle.com and more! Tap on any of the buttons below to download our app.

amazon alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!